TCT is hiring!
TCT has an immediate opening for a Tier 1 Information Systems Technician. The selected candidate will work with a wide variety of clients to provide Tier 1 support and assist with routine daily IT needs.
- Create service tickets and provide initial customer contact and Tier 1 support services.
- Schedule service calls, customer support sessions, and escalate technical support as needed.
- Provide hardware recommendations based on client needs.
- Monitor systems management and backup software and provide proactive support as needed.
- Represent the company as a day to day primary contact and liaison with clients.
- Knowledge of basic IT support tasks, such as hardware troubleshooting, OS backup and reload, virus removal, printer setup, WiFi setup.
- Working technical knowledge of various common network protocols and configurations, such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, 802.11 Networking.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize time and resources.
- Basic cabling installation and troubleshooting knowledge preferred.
- Effective client communication skills.
- Reliable Transportation
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Company paid holidays and vacations.
- Health insurance benefits.
- Weekends off unless overtime compensation provided.
Candidates should submit resume with references, including desired salary and experience via email to email@example.com.
R.I.P. Windows XP. 2001-2014
Windows XP and Office 2003 are no longer supported by Microsoft after today. We fully expect that there will be some nasty exploits targeting Windows XP that will be released in the near future after the final round of updates are issued today. These exploits will not be patched by Microsoft. Any computer running Windows XP should be considered unsafe to operate on the internet after today. A system replacement or upgrade to Windows 7/8 is recommended. If it is necessary to continue to run Windows XP, a third party commercial anti-virus program is recommended. Support and updates for Microsoft Security Essentials is also largely ending today as well. Check out this link for more information from Microsoft. If you have any questions or need help migrating your XP machines, we are happy to help. 615-472-1014.
TCT Announces Online Backup Service for 2014
TCT will begin providing online backup services for our clients in 2014. Call us today for more information and pricing.
TCT Maintenance Agreements Now Available
TCT is excited to start providing unlimited help desk and server routine maintenance with maintenance agreements for our customers. Many customers have asked us about this in the past, and we are excited to provide it as an option now. This maintenance agreement will allow us to provide even better service to our customers by providing unlimited user support, while charging a competitive monthly fee based on the covered equipment and users. This should allow for better budgeting of clients' IT operations, and allow enhanced capabilities for users to obtain support without incurring hourly fees. Call us for more information about this exciting offering and pricing.